Friday, November 18, 2011

Is There a Way to Safely Remove Virginia Creeper Tendrils From Metal Siding?

Last year my dad tore down a massive growth of virginia creeper that was attached to the side of the house (aluminum siding). However, the sticky tendrils still remain today; I have already tried knocking them loose with a hose. Is there a way to remove the tendrils without damaging the siding?

Is There a Way to Safely Remove Virginia Creeper Tendrils From Metal Siding?
Virginia Creeper is a devil to get rid of, but I did finally manage to Kill it well with continuous spraying of Round Up. As for the sticky Residue on your Siding, Walmart sells a Siding cleaner, for Vinyl and Aluminum. I have used it to clean Bird Crap and sticky Bug Guts on the Siding of my House (sorry for being so graphic) but it does clean it well..
Reply:I'll be interested to learn a solution myself!


I have 20 year old Virginia creeper tendrils sticking to my porch screen. You would think eventually they'd rot away or something, but they are quite durable. The best solution I've found so far is to hit them with stiff brush.

flowers anniversary

No comments:

Post a Comment