Monday, November 16, 2009

Purple Leaf Winter Creeper.. will it survive outside in the winter?

Hi I have two Purple Leaf Winter Creaper plants (Euonymus fortunei 'Colorata') in a planter on my porch. Will they survive the winter outside? I live on the east coast. Please let me know if theres anything I can do to help them survive the cold outside. - Thanks!

Purple Leaf Winter Creeper.. will it survive outside in the winter?
The only problem I can see is that they are not planted in the ground. I have some things planted in pots on my porch, sometimes I loose them in winter. The pot is more exposed to the weather changes than the ground.





Here is some info from this site:





http://www.excitinggardens.com/detail.as...





Purple Leaf Wintercreeper is a great year round ground cover for you to plant that is extremely hardy and flourishes even in sub-zero areas. Green leaves spring and summer and purplish red leaves in fall and winter. A ground cover that does not lose its leaves in winter. Presents a colorful, fresh appearance throughout the year. Grows in both sun and shade.





As Purple Leaf Wintercreeper grows and spreads over the ground, each of its many stems forms roots. One of the best ways to join the ecological battle to preserve our natural resources is by planting Red-Leaved Wintercreeper. As it binds the soil, not only from its original roots, but from roots along the stems, it effectively prevents the blowing and washing away of precious topsoil.





Because of their unique habit of growth, you can fill large areas economically. Plant under trees where grass won't grow. Can be planted up to 3' apart. Once planted, no shearing or other maintenance is required -- take care of themselves!


No comments:

Post a Comment